[caldeveloper-l] [Calconnect-l] Registration is open and hotel rooms can be booked for CalConnect XXXVIII in Irvine, California, February 13-17, 2017, hosted by the University of California, Irvine

Dave.Thewlis at calconnect.org Dave.Thewlis at calconnect.org
Mon Nov 14 12:53:28 PST 2016

Registration is now open and hotel rooms may be booked for CalConnect XXXVIII Irvine, California, February 13-17, 2017, hosted by the University of California, Irvine <http://www.uci.edu/>.

The CalConnect XXXVIII web page is located at https://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-xxxviii-february-13-17-2017 <https://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-xxxviii-february-13-17-2017> and contains hotel information and booking, airport and transfer information, meeting venue, international travel information, etc.

The  meeting venue is the UCI Conference Center, located in the Student Center <https://www.google.com/maps/place/UCI+Student+Center+&+Event+Services/@33.6489919,-117.8421662,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x54a63a5775b1ff92!8m2!3d33.6489919!4d-117.8421662> building.  It is within a few miles of the conference hotel. The Conference Hotel is the Hotel Irvine <http://www.hotelirvine.com/>  which is also within a few miles of the nearest airport, Johne Wayne Airport (SNA).

You may book the Conference Hotel via a web page link noted on the event web page, or via a telephone call or e-mail. We are offered a special UCI rate of $153 for most nights (Friday and Saturday are $119), which includes breakfast.

The Interoperability Test Event and Developers Forum will take place on our usual schedule beginning Monday morning and going through Wednesday noon.  The Conference will begin Wednesday after lunch and run through Friday afternoon.

We will be posting schedules and agenda as soon as possible on the event web page, and expect that they may evolve over time.

Registration information is at https://www.calconnect.org/events/event-registration-payment <https://www.calconnect.org/events/event-registration-payment> and is linked from the event web page.  Note that this is the first event with the new event fees announced last summer and at the Dresden event.  As noted at the time, the conference fees had remained essentially unchanged since 2005 while the costs associated with the events continued to rise until the fees no long covered the cost of the event.

On remote access:  We may be able to allow remote access for the Test Event via  Slack and etherpads.  We will not attempt to offer remote attendance at the conference.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions.

See you in Irvine, California!

Dave Thewlis

--
Dave Thewlis, Executive Director
CalConnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium