[caldeveloper-l] Only six weeks to CalConnect XLIV in Zürich, Switzerland, February 4-8, 2019, hosted by Google

dave.thewlis at calconnect.org dave.thewlis at calconnect.org
Mon Dec 24 10:27:08 PST 2018

Only six weeks remain until CalConnect XLIV in Zürich, Switzerland, February 4-8, 2019, hosted by Google

Please note - early registration ends as of Friday 18 January 2019.  So register before then to avoid the higher registration fee!

The CalConnect XLIV web page is located at http://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-xliv-february-4-8-2019 <http://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-xliv-february-4-8-2019> and contains lodging information, airport and transfer information, meeting venue, schedule, etc.  The page also offers preliminary information about an Open Codefest <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/calendar-and-scheduling-developer-day-zurich-tickets-51512514317> on Monday 4 February and a Public Workshop on Time Zones <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/eu-dst-timezone-change-public-workshop-tickets-51513763052> on Tuesday afternoon 5 February,

The  meeting venue is in Building H, part of the Google facilities in central Zürich near the central Train Station.  The conference hotel is the 25hours Hotel Langstrasse <http://www.25hours-hotels.com/en/hotels/zurich/langstrasse>, a very short walk from the Central Train Station and across the street from our meeting venue.  Three other hotels are also referenced in the Lodging <http://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-xliv-february-4-8-2019#lodging> section of the web page.  All hotels may be booked immediately.  A map of the central area is linked from the Location <http://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-xliv-february-4-8-2019#location> section of the web page.

CalConnect XLIV <http://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-xliv-february-4-8-2019> follows the new conference format which was trialed at our last event in Karlsruhe.   CalConnect XLIV itself will be four days (Tuesday through Friday), and brings together, as a single event and with a single fee, our traditional conference and technical sessions.  Note that the "track" organization at the September 2018 event will not be used; we will organize sessions for best fit and relevance.

Please see the introduction on the CalConnect XLIV web page <http://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-xliv-february-4-8-2019> for a fuller description of the event and information about the Open Codefest and the Time Zone Workshop.

There is a separate page with more information about the Time Zone Workshop at http://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-public-time-zone-worksjop <http://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-public-time-zone-worksjop>.

The preliminary schedule for the four days is\ at CalConnect XLIV Schedule <http://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-xliv-february-4-8-2019#conference-schedule> and will be updated as we get closer to the event, so please check periodically.

Fees and Registration Options:  The registration fee for the full four-day event is $950 (late registration is $1050.  We are also offering a trial one-day registration fee of $400 (late registration $475).   Registration information is at https://www.calconnect.org/events/event-registration-payment <https://www.calconnect.org/events/event-registration-payment> and is linked from the event web page.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions.

See you in Zürich!

Dave Thewlis

--
Dave Thewlis, Executive Director
CalConnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium