[caldeveloper-l] CALDAV:calendar-data & CARDDAV:address-data

Ken Murchison murch at fastmailteam.com
Sat Jan 6 06:47:09 PST 2018

All,

While reviewing the specs and my code, I stumbled upon this in RFC 4791
(and similar text in RFC 6352):

    Note:  The CALDAV:calendar-data XML element is specified in requests
       and responses inside the DAV:prop XML element as if it were a
       WebDAV property.  However, the CALDAV:calendar-data XML element is
       not a WebDAV property and, as such, is not returned in PROPFIND

Given this, what is the proper server response if these "properties" are
included in a PROPFIND request?  Should the PROPFIND fail outright with
a 403 (Forbidden) or should the property be listed for each resource
with a propstat of 403 (Forbidden), or 404 (Not Found), or ... ?

--
Kenneth Murchison
Cyrus Development Team