[caldeveloper-l] CALDAV:calendar-data & CARDDAV:address-data

Helge Hess helge.hess at icloud.com
Sat Jan 6 07:07:18 PST 2018

On 6. Jan 2018, at 15:57, Ken Murchison <murch at fastmailteam.com> wrote:
> Hi Helge,
>
> 207 response with 403 in propstat, correct?

Yes.

> Along the same lines, what if one of these properties is included in a REPORT request with an invalid/unsupported content-type or version, e.g.:
>
> <CALDAV:calendar-data content-type="foo/bar" />
>
> My server currently fails outright with 403 and a precondition of CALDAV:supported-calendar-data

Puh, good question as well.

Well, I would think that this should be in a 403 propstat too. In the real world I guess it doesn’t really matter and what you do might actually be the ‘safer’ choice.

hh

P.S. :I really dislike those parts of CalDAV - content should not be fetched as part of such a query but w/ GETs (inside a ßATCH :->), this would give you all the content negotiation already built into CalDAV. And w/ HTTP/2 it could be even pushed.