[caldeveloper-l] REPORT <sync-collection> for <caldav:calendar-data> --- Google returning only updated event instances

David Given dtrg at google.com
Tue Jun 5 18:42:30 PDT 2018

I am currently in my hotel in Tokyo waiting to go off to CalConnect myself,
so...

We've had a few reports of something not being right with CalDAV syncing,
but nobody's ever come up with a reproducable test case. So if you have a
concrete example of unexpected results, then yes, we're very interested.

I'd intuitively expect, though ('intuitively' meaning 'I haven't actually
checked in the RFC') that both sync-collection with a token *would* only
report the changed event instances --- it shouldn't be repeating data the
client already knows. Is this incorrect?

(The Oauth Playground at https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground/ is
useful for sending raw CalDAV requests to the Google servers, BTW, although
it only supports GET/POST/PUT/DELETE/PATCH.)