[caldeveloper-l] DTSTART that doesn't match RRULE pattern

Andrew Laurence atlauren at uci.edu
Wed Oct 10 11:53:52 PDT 2018

> My personal opinion is that if DTSTART doesn't match the RRULE, it should NOT be included in the recurrence set and obviously NOT accounted for by COUNT.

I agree with this.  The RDATE text includes, "The recurrence set generated with a "DTSTART" property value that doesn't match the pattern of the rule is undefined."  To me this means that an RRULE takes precedence; if an RRULE exists its first instance defines DTSTART, and RDATE is generated from there.

--
Andrew Laurence                      Office of Information Technology
atlauren at uci.edu                     University of California, Irvine