[caldeveloper-l] DTSTART that doesn't match RRULE pattern

Michael Douglass mikeadouglass at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 12:50:19 PDT 2018

I've got to say I agree with Helge (!) and Cyrus

SHOULD should raise alarms every time. It's often an open invitation to
chaos.

Fix the spec to say exactly what we MUST do and then do the inevitable
and implement clients and servers that handle all the data created by
implementors who got it wrong (which is often one or more of us).

That is the kind of thing we document in a best practices document or
the devguide.

(by the way: the spelling correction offered "tormentors" for
"implementors")