[caldeveloper-l] FW: Questions on rfc7265

Robert Stepanek rsto at fastmailteam.com
Wed Aug 16 07:05:22 PDT 2017

Hi Vivek,

My original reply to your mail bounced because  I just switched email
addresses for this list.
At CalConnect, the TC-API workgroup is in the process of defining a new
JSON-based calendaring data format that should fit your use case.
I've co-authored the spec and we have recently submitted it to IETF. It
is currently a RFC draft and the specification might still change, but
the format is already in use in multiple products (SchedJoules,
FastMail).
As Gren pointed out, the RFC draft is at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jenkins-jscalendar/ and includes
examples (section 6.1) as well as a guide for translation from/to
iCalendar.
I'd be happy to receive any feedback on the new format.

Cheers,
Robert